Derby are again without Jayden Bogle. Bogle has not featured for over a month because of an ankle injury, but Rams boss Phillip Cocu says the 19-year-old full-back will return to training in "a few days or a week".
Krystian Bielik, Tom Lawrence and Richard Keogh are available having been on international duty with Poland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland respectively. George Evans (thigh), Lee Buchanan (hamstring) and Ikechi Anya (calf) are sidelined, but Scott Malone, Florian Jozefzoon and Duane Holmes have recovered from injuries.
Cardiff midfielder Leandro Bacuna will be assessed ahead of the Sky Bet Championship game after returning from international duty with Curacao. Bacuna will link up late with the Bluebirds squad in the east midlands after playing against Haiti in the Concacaf Nations League on Monday.
Cardiff are also waiting on Junior Hoillett, with boss Neil Warnock saying the Canada winger could miss out because a family member is seriously ill. Jazz Richards (ankle) has been ruled out after colliding with fellow defender Aden Flint in training.
- Derby have lost just one of their last five home league games against Cardiff (W2 D2 L1), losing 4-3 in February 2017 under Steve McClaren.
- Cardiff City have won just two of their last 10 Championship meetings with Derby (W2 D4 L4).
- Derby have lost their last two matches in all competitions 3-0 against Nottingham Forest and Brentford - the Rams have not lost three consecutive games by 3+ goals since November 1946.
- Cardiff have completed just 916 short passes in the Championship this season - only Millwall have completed fewer (805).
- Derby have won none of their last four home games in all competitions (W0 D2 L2), last enduring a longer run under Nigel Pearson in August and September 2016 (six games).
- Cardiff's Josh Murphy has been involved in four of their last eight league goals (1 goal, 3 assists).
Referee: DARREN ENGLAND
James Mainwaring and Philip Dermott
Fourth Official : Tony Harrington