Bellamy rescues a point as City draw

Reading scored to take a 2 - 1 lead in the 92nd minute but the extra seconds added for their celebrations and for a few niggly free kicks came back to bite them on the arse.

Jon Parkin finally won a free kick after being penalised himself a few times and Bellamy took responsibility to score past Adam Federici. Karma for the 96th minute goal he scored against us a season or two ago at the Madejski.

Reading had the lead at half time after Kebe ran Lee Naylor ragged and his cross rebounded out to Mikele Leigertwood who saw his shot from distance deflect in off Paul Quinn.

Craig Bellamy hit the bar from a free kick but Reading were good for their lead as the atmosphere at the CCS was muted.

The second half was a few minutes old when City levelled. Adam Federici's punt was a shambles and it fell to Jay Bothroyd who held off the attentions of the desperately chasing back Reading defence but Jay skipped around the keeper to level.

Cardif then created the chances as they looked to win the game. Hudson headed against the bar and Burke skied an open goal. Federici was forced into several diving saves.

Reading were still chasing for a win themselves and they were aided by a Cardiff side who at times just gave the ball away cheaply. Aaron Ramsey was composed in midfield and Michael Chopra, who started on the bench, made a difference when he came on at half time.

City's failure to find that winning goal came back to haunt them as Reading came forward again and Mathieu Manset added the finish to a low cross. That was on 92 mins. The board had previously gone up with 4 mins added time but Reading's celebrations and some niggly fouls added extra seconds and it was Cardiff who benefitted.

Jon Parkin was upended and Craig Bellamy took responsibility and fired home from a tad over 25 yards with Federici grasping thin air.

The point was important as QPR, Norwich, Swansea and Forest all won and City are now in 5th place.

Next up. The South Wales derby at the Liberty on Sunday.