Chris O'Grady could return to the Burton squad for the home game against Cardiff.
The striker has missed the last two matches with a calf injury sustained during the warm-up at Norwich last weekend.
Wing-back Lee Williamson is also a doubt after a tight hamstring forced him off at half-time in the draw with QPR on Tuesday night.
John Brayford will not return until after the forthcoming international break. The right-back suffered a groin tear at Carrow Road so the trip to Wigan on October 15 is the earliest he could be back in contention.
Rickie Lambert could be fit for Cardiff despite limping off in the early stages of the midweek defeat to Derby.
Lambert reported a tight hamstring in the warm-up and played for only 13 minutes before being substituted, but Bluebirds boss Paul Trollope is hopeful that the former England striker will recover in time to feature at the Pirelli Stadium.
Matthew Connolly is suspended after being sent off against Derby and Anthony Pilkington (thigh), Jazz Richards (knee), Lex Immers (ankle) and Aron Gunnarsson (calf) could also be absent.
But Lee Peltier is fit again and fellow defender Joe Bennett could be involved for the first time after being troubled by a calf problem since joining from Aston Villa last month.
- This will be the first league meeting between Burton Albion and Cardiff City.
- Cardiff won the only previous game between the clubs back, a 4-1 victory in the the EFL Cup in August 2010.
- Jamie Ward scored his first Championship goal since January with his goal against QPR on Tuesday.
- Cardiff City haven't score a goal in the first half since 17 August and both of those were scored by an opposition player - Shane Duffy for Blackburn in a 2-1 win for Cardiff.
- The Brewers have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 league games.
- The Bluebirds have lost five of their last six Championship games, winning just one.