Boom, what a start to 2015.
We are Cardiff City, we'll always be blue.
Not only has the club reverted to a blue home kit it will run out wearing blue against Fulham tomorow. The Football League have given permission for the club to wear blue at home for the rest of the season.
Full statement from www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk
The Christmas and New Year period has given me time to reflect on the events of the last year. Spending time with my family had a profound effect upon me. My mother, Madam Low Siew Beng, a devout Buddhist, who attended Cardiff City Football Club to watch them play, spoke to me on the importance of togetherness, unity and happiness.
Cardiff City Football Club is important to me and I wish to see it united and happy. With the guidance, blessing and influence of my mother, I asked my Chairman, Mehmet Dalman and Chief Executive Officer, Ken Choo for their advice and to consult with a good cross-section of the fan base.
This meeting took place last night, when some seventy representatives of our supporters were present. My thanks and gratitude to those who gave up their evening and time to be there. I am informed that this was a very productive and frank exchange of views, but all with the same objective to strengthen our Club. These views were also added to by a large number of emails that were sent to the Club over the last 24 hours from our wider supporter base.
To paraphrase John F. Kennedy, “Let us never compromise out of fear. But let us never fear to compromise.”
My wish is to unite and make the Club successful and in order to achieve this I fully support the Board’s decision to implement the following changes:
1. Starting from Saturday, 10 January 2015 and until the end of this season, our home kit shall be Blue. Our Away Kit shall be Red. I would like to thank the Football League for their approval to facilitate my request.
2. For the 2015/16 season, Cardiff City’s home kit colour shall be Blue. Our Away Kit colour shall be Red.
3. The Club badge will be redesigned to reflect the dominance of the Bluebird, while celebrating the proud history and heritage of the Club. I also wish to incorporate elements representative of my culture and beliefs, which I hope are respected.
4. As the Chairman has explained, the debt to equity resolution is not straightforward. We will deal with this in due course, with all decisions made in the best interest of the Club.
5. For the 2015/16 Season, Non Price Freeze Season Tickets will be reduced and Price Freeze Season Tickets shall be adjusted accordingly to match these prices.
I very much hope these steps will bring unity, success and happiness to our Club.
The challenge ahead for us is enormous and I truly believe we will overcome these obstacles as a united Club. I believe with divine blessings, Cardiff City Football Club will achieve great success.
Vincent Tan Chee Yioun