Greg Halford (pictured) could make his Cardiff debut. He is waiting for international clearance following his move from Rotherham, but fellow newcomer Ibrahim Meite is cup-tied having played for Harrow Borough earlier in the competition. Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock is set to give several of his fringe players a third-round run-out, with Emyr Huws, Stuart O'Keefe and Rickie Lambert all under consideration.
Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has suggested he will field a strong starting line-up for the tie. Floyd Ayite and Neeskens Kebano, however, are both away on international duty with Togo and the Democratic Republic of Congo respectively, while defender Tomas Kalas remains sidelined with a hamstring injury.
- These two sides played out a 2-2 draw at Craven Cottage in a league meeting back in August.
- This is the fifth consecutive FA Cup tie that Cardiff City have been drawn at home, but they have lost three of the previous four.
- Five of Fulham's last seven FA Cup ties have been taken to a replay following a draw in the original match.
- Fulham's last win in the FA Cup dates back to January 2014, where they won 3-0 against Norwich (D4 L3 since then).
- Joe Ralls scored the opening goal in Cardiff's last FA Cup win (3-1 v Colchester in January 2015), which was also his last appearance in the competition.
- The Whites have kept just one clean sheet in their last 13 away games in this competition.
Referee: Andy Woolmer