Not even halfway through his first season in charge of The Blades Slaviša Jokanović was sacked and Paul Heckingbottom was appointed.
Heckingbottom had be interim manager earlier in the year after the sacking of Chris Wilder but has now been made full time manager on a long contract. His tenure started with a 2 - 0 win over Bristol City last weekend.
Cardiff City boss Steve Morison:"Excellent team. Shouldn’t be where they are in the league. Fantastic players. Fantastic talents. New manager. They got a good result last week. It’s going to be a tough, tough test, but we’re looking forward to it."
Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom: "We know they're tough opponents, they started the season fantastically and then had a big dip. They're still the same group of players who have shown they're capable of winning at this level. So we know it's going to be tough, every game away from home in the Championship is tough. I think they'll be up and at us and they're going to try make things as difficult as possible for us."
- This is the first league meeting between Cardiff City and Sheffield United since April 2018, when the sides drew 1-1 in the Championship.
- Sheffield United are winless in six league games against Cardiff (D3 L3) since a 3-0 victory in March 2009 under Kevin Blackwell.
- Cardiff City scored their first first-half goal in the Championship this season last time out against Luton Town through Rubin Colwill with what was their 101st first-half shot.
- Cardiff City have lost seven of their last eight home Championship games (W1), scoring just three goals during that run.
- Sheffield United have won their last two league games, both under different managers (1-0 vs Reading under Jokanovic, 2-0 vs Bristol City under Heckingbottom). The Blades last won three in a row in the league in December 2019.
Referee: JOHN BUSBY
Assistants: Matthew Jones and Mark Pottage
Fourth Official: Scott Oldham