The Bluebirds welcome the high flying Canaries to CCS today. Daniel Farke's side are exactly half way through their season having played 23 games. They are four points ahead of Swanea and five ahead of Bournemouth going into today's games.
How good are Norwich?
Neil Harris; "Best team in the league. Without losing anyone in the summer it made them pre-season favourites to go back up and they have stuck to that tag.
"We got undone by two super finishes (last time), but we shot ourselves in the foot in the middle of the park.
"We have got to be better than we were at Norwich.
"We turned the ball over too easily and caused ourselves problems and we have got to be better than that.
More on Norwich
"It’s not a must-win game, we are not anywhere near that position.
"We have come away from being very close to it to where we are now.
"To get back there we have to put a consistent run of results together. Whether that’s fit players or new signings, that’s vitally important.
"But then, we have still got a group of players who are good enough to compete at the top of this division.
"We are a side capable of putting a run together. We showed that last season and this season as well.
"This weekend is going to be tough but it’s a game we can win. Then we have a run of games where we can build performances and results."
- Cardiff last hosted Norwich for a league match back in December 2017, winning 3-1 under Neil Warnock during their promotion-winning campaign in 2017/18.
- Norwich City have won five of their last seven league matches against Cardiff City (L2).
- Cardiff City haven’t lost four consecutive Championship matches since January 2018.
- Norwich City have an identical record at the halfway stage of the Championship season (P23 W14 D5 L4) as they had in 2018/19, when they went on to win the Championship title.
- Norwich City’s last 12 away Championship have been scored by either Teemu Pukki (eight) or Emiliano Buendía (four).
Referee: TONY HARRINGTON
Assistants: Daniel Leach and Shaun Hudson
Fourth Official : John Busby