Cardiff hope winger Anthony Pilkington will be fit for the Sky Bet Championship visit of QPR.
Pilkington missed the play-off damaging defeat at Fulham last weekend after suffering a knee injury in the goalless draw with Burnley.
Tom Lawrence will probably step down if Pilkington is declared fit, and Stuart O'Keefe could be recalled in midfield after being dropped to the bench at Craven Cottage.
Defender Ben Turner marked his return from a long-term ankle injury by playing 70 minutes for the development squad in midweek but is unlikely to be involved in the Bluebirds' matchday squad.
QPR have been assessing the fitness of Jamie Mackie.
Mackie sustained a hamstring injury in the first half of the draw with Leeds and was forced to miss the 2-1 victory over Charlton.
Former England goalkeeper Rob Green appears set to miss out once more due to financial reasons.
It has been reported that Rangers will have to offer Green a contract extension if he plays 30 times this season.
- Cardiff have failed to score in four of the last six league games league games when hosting QPR (W1 D3 L2).
- The Rs have scored exactly twice in four of the last five games against the Bluebirds (W2 D2), with the west London club losing in the only game in which they failed to score.
- Cardiff have scored the most headed goals in the Championship in 2015/16 (14).
- There have been a league-high 13 goals scored in the 90th minute or later in matches involving QPR this season (seven scored, six conceded).
- QPR are without an away win in their last six attempts, although five have ended level.
Referee: STEPHEN MARTIN
Assistants: Marvyn Amphlett and Paul Hobday
Fourth Official: Brett Huxtable