Neil Harris will shuffle his pack again for the FA Cup fourth-round replay with Reading. This is the third meeting between the two sides in 10 days and, with Premier League Sheffield United awaiting the winners, Harris will take the opportunity to give some of his fringe players game time.
Sol Bamba, Josh Murphy and Danny Ward are all likely starters, but Joe Ralls (glute) could miss out again.
Loan trio Brad Smith, Albert Adomah and Dion Sanderson are ineligible as they were signed in the January transfer window after the original tie.
Mark Bowen will also rotate heavily after nine games in January and another seven to come in February. Charlie Adam, Garath McCleary and Andy Rinomhota all started the 1-1 draw at the Madejski Stadium and should be reunited in midfield.
Goalkeeper Sam Walker and defenders Omar Richards and Tyler Blackett could also feature after playing in the original tie.
New signings Felipe Araruna and Ayub Masika are ineligible and Matt Miazga (ankle) is a long-term casualty.
- Cardiff have won just one of their four home FA Cup matches against Reading (W1 D1 L2) - 2-0 in the third round in January 2009.
- This is only the second time Reading and Cardiff have gone to a replay in an FA Cup tie - they also did so in the fourth round in 1997-98 with the Royals progressing via a penalty shootout.
- Cardiff City have won their last two FA Cup replays, scoring four goals in each victory - a 4-1 win over Mansfield in January 2018 and 4-3 win over Carlisle in this season's third-round replay.
- Reading have won their last six FA Cup replays, last failing to progress via a replay in January 2008 when they lost 1-0 to Spurs in the third round.
- Reading have won one of their last seven away FA Cup matches, with that only win coming in a third-round replay away at Blackpool this season.