Can he stop the rot?
Saturday 2nd October, ko 3:00pm
Reading come in to today's game after losing 1 - 0 at Derby in midweek.
Cardiff have lost the last four in a row.
Mick McCarthy: "We all get a bit wrapped up in what’s needed. We need a performance that we can be proud of and the fans can be proud of. That helps to start turn things around.
"If we don’t and we get beaten it will be the same again and we’ll all be under pressure. I fully understand that. But that doesn't concern me prior to the game.
"I’m looking forward to the game and we can play well, that's what we are aiming for. We want to win the game.
- In all competitions, Cardiff are winless in 11 games against Reading (D7 L4) since a 2-0 home win in November 2015 in the Championship.
- Reading are looking to win consecutive away league matches against Cardiff for the first time since October 1988.
- Cardiff have lost their last four league games, as many as they had in their previous 28 in the Championship.
- Despite beating Fulham 2-1 in September, only Peterborough (0) have earned fewer points away from home in the Championship this season than Reading (3).
- Half of Cardiff’s 18 league goals conceded this season have come in their last two games, losing 5-1 at Blackburn and 4-0 at home to West Brom.
Referee: THOMAS BRAMALL
Assistants: Daniel Leach and Craig Taylor
Fourth Official : Will Finnie