Sunday January 12th, ko 12 noon
Live on Sky Sports
Cardiff look set to be without Joe Ralls for Sunday's South Wales derby against Swansea. Ralls has returned to training after breaking his hand at Leeds last month but his return might be delayed until the FA Cup replay at Carlisle in midweek.
Aden Flint, Marlon Pack, Lee Tomlin and Robert Glatzel should return at the Cardiff City Stadium after being rested for the first FA Cup meeting with Carlisle. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Isaac Vassell and Matthew Connolly remain on the long-term casualty list.
Loan pair Rhian Brewster and Marc Guehi will be in the Swansea squad. Liverpool forward Brewster might make the starting line-up, while Chelsea defender Guehi is likely to be on the bench.
Swansea could be without Mike van der Hoorn (knee), with Ben Cabango and Ben Wilmott set to form the centre-back partnership. Goalkeeper Freddie Woodman, midfielder Matt Grimes and playmaker Bersant Celina are among those set to be recalled following the 5-1 FA Cup defeat at QPR.
- Cardiff are set to host rivals Swansea in a league match for the first time since November 2013, when they won 1-0 in the Premier League.
- This is the 29th Football League season in which Cardiff and Swansea have met, but the Swans have never previously completed a league double over their rivals; they won 1-0 in the reverse fixture in October.
- Cardiff's 1-6 defeat away to QPR was the first time they'd shipped 6+ goals in a league game outside of the top-flight since April 2009 vs Preston (0-6). Cardiff haven't lost consecutive league games since May 2019 (3 in a row).
- Swansea have lost two of their last three away league games (W1), after going 11 unbeaten on the road beforehand (W5 D6).
- Defender Aden Flint has had a hand in more home league goals for Cardiff this season than any other player (3 goals, 3 assists).
- Swansea's Andre Ayew has been directly involved in eight away league goals this season (5 goals, 3 assists), more than double that of any other player at the club.
Referee: TONY HARRINGTON
Assistants: Timothy Wood and Daniel Leach
Fourth Official : Geoff Eltringham