Carlos Cuellar is back for Norwich boss Alex Neil's first home game in charge of the Canaries.
The defender has been struggling with a calf problem but has been passed fit.
Ryan Bennett has a grade one hamstring tear and is out after suffering the injury at Bournemouth last week.
Alex Tettey is also doubtful for the visit of the Bluebirds.
Cardiff will be without Bruno Manga when they make one of the longest trips of the season.
The Gabon centre-back is part of their African Cup of Nations squad so Cardiff will have to manage without their imposing centre-back, signed from France in the summer.
David Marshall is still ruled out with an ankle injury.
The Bluebirds, boosted by their 1-0 win over Fulham last weekend, could name an unchanged XI but Russell Slade has plenty of options including new signing Alex Revell, who played for 45 minutes last week, and Kadeem Harris.
Cardiff's 1-0 win at Watford in November remains their only three-point haul on their travels this season.
- Norwich won the earlier meeting this season 4-2 at the Cardiff City Stadium in September - their first win in five encounters.
- Cardiff have won only one of their last 11 games at Carrow Road in all competitions. Their only win since 1971 was 2-1 in the Championship in September 2007.
- Neil's side won 2-1 at Bournemouth last Saturday, after losing their previous two games in all competitions.
- The Carrow Road outfit have won their last two home games, winning 5-0 against Huddersfield and 6-1 against Millwall.
- The Welsh side have won their last two games in all competitions, after winning none of their previous five.
- They have won only one of their 12 away games in the Championship this season. Their only league win on the road was 1-0 at Watford on 29 November.