Live on Sky 12:30pm, Saturday 19th September.
“I enjoyed it in so many ways… (what I was at Forest) But that’s irrelevant now as manager of Cardiff City.
“It’s about results on a pitch and the game on Saturday.
“It’s one we are looking forward to. There were two really good games against Forest last year and let’s hope for the same outcome this weekend.”
Tiago Silva is Nottingham Forest’s only injury absentee for the Sky Bet Championship clash with Cardiff. The Portuguese midfielder has been ruled out until the end of September by boss Sabri Lamouchi.
Winger Joe Lolley has recently been absent due to shin splints but returned to feature in the Reds’ 2-0 loss to QPR last Saturday and will be available again. Lamouchi has no further injury concerns, with defender Joe Worrall fully recovered from a knock.
Cardiff boss Neil Harris also has few concerns for the clash. Both Joe Ralls and Lee Tomlin returned in last week’s defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.
Midfielder Gavin Whyte has been suffering with a hamstring problem, however, and was sidelined for that game. Striker Isaac Vassell has resumed training after a long-term quad injury, but may find the fixture comes too early for a comeback.
- Nottingham Forest have lost their last five home league matches against Cardiff, their joint-worst home losing run against an opponent; they also lost five in a row against Hull (2011-18) and West Brom (1925-30).
- Cardiff lost their last league meeting with Nottingham Forest and haven’t lost consecutive matches against them since February 2011.
- Although Nottingham Forest have lost their first home league match of the season in just three of the last 34 seasons, one of those defeats was last season against West Brom, losing 2-1.
- Nottingham Forest have failed to win any of their last eight matches in all competitions (D3 L5), losing the last four in a row. Indeed, Forest last lost five in a row back in January 2017.
- Cardiff City’s Josh Murphy has had a hand in four goals in six league games against Nottingham Forest (two goals, two assists), although he failed to score or assist vs them for the Bluebirds last term.
Referee: JAMES LININGTON
Assistants: Michael George and Mark Dwyer
Fourth Official : Andy Woolmer