Sunday October 18th, ko 12noon. Live on Sky
📝 TEAM NEWS: Your #pnefc team for today...👇— Preston North End FC (@pnefc) October 18, 2020
Manager Alex Neil names an unchanged starting Xl from the 4-2 win over Brentford. 👊
Daniel Johnson returns to the squad after injury. 💪#COYW pic.twitter.com/47FpcBOQ62
- Preston lost their last league game against Cardiff and haven’t lost consecutive such games against the Bluebirds since December 2008.
- Cardiff City are looking to win consecutive away league matches against Preston for the first time since a run of three between 1969 and 1971.
- Preston are looking to register consecutive league victories for the first time since February.
- Cardiff have lost just once in their last seven away games in the Championship (W5 D1), losing 0-2 at Fulham in July.
- Cardiff striker Kieffer Moore has scored six goals in his last nine league games, scoring those goals from just 10 shots on target.
"Obviously Lee Tomlin being suspended is a good thing for us because he's always dangerous, whether he starts or comes on from the bench.
"Listen it's going to be a tough game, every time we play Cardiff it is - last year was the only time they've beat us since I've been here so we want to put another good performance in."
"There has been an intense focus on Preston. I'd like to see more consistency in us and that starts on Sunday afternoon.
"It's a tough place to go; tough opposition and a well organised team under Alex Neil. We know we're going to be in for a tough game, but the players have been brilliant, absolutely brilliant.”
Referee: KEITH STROUD
Assistants: Jonathan Hunt and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Dean Whitestone