The FA Cup 4th round. Saturday 25th January, ko 3:00pm.
Reading have no fresh injury concerns ahead of hosting Championship rivals Cardiff in the FA Cup fourth round at the Madejski Stadium.
It is the Royals' third game in seven days, following a defeat at Millwall and draw at Nottingham Forest, so manager Mark Bowen could be tempted to rotate.
Bowen said: "Whatever team is out on the pitch, believe me, the players and staff will be wanting to win. We want to progress in the cup, and I think it's important for the club and the fans as well."
Cardiff rotated heavily in the previous round, which required a thrilling replay to overcome Carlisle 4-3 at Brunton Park.
The Bluebirds are without Danny Ward after the striker was forced off with a head injury at Birmingham last weekend, while Lee Peltier (dead leg) is also unlikely to feature.
- Reading and Cardiff's last FA Cup meeting was in the fourth round back in 2014-15, with the Royals winning 2-1 under Steve Clarke.
- Cardiff have won two of their last 13 away games against Reading in all competitions (W2 D6 L5) and are winless in five visits (D3 L2).
- Since reaching at least the FA Cup fifth round in five out of seven seasons between 2009-10 and 2015-16, Reading have failed to go beyond the fourth round in any of their last three seasons in the competition.
- Cardiff have reached the FA Cup fifth round in just two of their previous 11 seasons since losing the 2008 final against Portsmouth.
- Reading have won six of their last eight home FA Cup matches (W6 D1 L1), including two home FA Cup fourth round wins in that run (4-0 vs Sheffield United in 2012-13, 4-0 vs Walsall in 2015-16).
Referee: Marc Edwards
Assistant Referees: Nigel Lugg & Craig Taylor
Fourth Official: Ollie Yates