Sunday August 18th, ko 12 noon. Live on Sky Sports
Joe Ralls is a concern for the trip to Reading after being taken ill last weekend. The City midfielder need hospital treatment after becoming unwell in the evening after the Luton game. He's much better ahead of the game and will be assessed.
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Lee Tomlin are also looking to have recovered enough to play a part.
Neil Warnock has option to rotate in the forward areas with Gavin Whyte, Junior Hoilett, Josh Murphy and Isaac Vassell all in contention to support Robert Glatzel.
Rafael is set to stay in goal for Reading against Cardiff on Sunday after saving two penalties in a Carabao Cup shootout win over Wycombe on Tuesday.
Lucas Joao and Andy Yiadom could return as the Royals chase their first points after two League defeats so far.
Reading have announced there will be a minutes silence before the game in tribute to PC Andrew Harper who lost his life in the line of duty in the Reading area on Thursday night.
"It's always great to get the first win under your belt and you could see that in training this week. The lads have enjoyed it.
"We knew we needed reinforcements last week before the game. We were a lot more solid.
"I think we can settle down now and look to getting some rhythm going. No turmoil until January"
"As soon as the Wycombe match ended, we began preparing for this game.
"It’s interesting because they (Wycombe) had a similar kind of style [to Cardiff] so that game was a test.
"I hope that we can feel the same kind of energy in our stadium that we felt when we were at Wycombe.
"Those fans were amazing and it is very important that they support our players, if we are going to achieve the targets we want."
- Reading are unbeaten in five league matches against Cardiff (W2 D3 L0) since a 2-0 defeat in November 2015 under Steve Clarke.
- Cardiff have won two of their past 12 away matches against Reading in all competitions (W2 D6 L4).
- Reading have not lost three consecutive Championship games since losing their opening three matches of last season under Paul Clement.
- In the Football League, Neil Warnock has lost 16 matches against Reading - against no side has he lost more (also 16 v Watford).
- Reading's Lucas Joao has scored in his first two league matches of this season - one against Reading for Sheffield Wednesday and one for the Royals against Hull - with the striker never scoring in three consecutive Championship appearances.
- Cardiff City have used more players than any other Championship side so far this season, using 21 players in total.
Referee: ANDY DAVIES
Assistants: Timothy Wood and Daniel Leach
Fourth Official: Kevin Johnson