Saturday 6th August ko 3:00pm
From the Select Car Leasing Stadium
Cardiff going for two from two. Reading looking to avoid two from two.
"There was loads of positivity and excitement on Saturday. Now there's an expectation - can we get better? It's something we're really excited about, and that's the challenge we've put to the players this week. It's a work in progress, but I think we're going the right way. Now, the challenge is to do it again on Saturday, which will be a different prospect."
- Reading lost their last league game against Cardiff in April, having gone 10 games in a row without defeat against them between 2016 and 2021 (W5 D5).
- Following a 2-1 win at the Madejski Stadium last season, Cardiff are looking to win consecutive away league games against the Royals for the first time since September 2001.
- Reading have lost their last four league games in a row, failing to score in each defeat. The Royals last lost five consecutive league matches without netting a goal in March 1998.
- Cardiff have won their last two games in the Championship, despite only attempting a total of six shots across the two (1-0 v Derby and Norwich, three in each).
- The last time they won three in a row in the league without conceding a goal was in December 2020, under Neil Harris.
- Cardiff manager Steve Morison is looking to win three consecutive league games for only the second time as Bluebirds boss, while he is looking to register three consecutive league shutouts for the first time.
Referee: Darren England
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Fourth Official: John Busby