Season Ticket refunds offered
By Michael Morris
Updated Wednesday, 4th July 2012
but with a £20 admin fee knocked off
Supporters requesting refunds received the following communication today:
As you are aware, following the announcement of the changes to be implemented for the commencement of the 2012/13 season, we have been in dialogue with a number of season ticket holders who have requested a refund on their season tickets. We have been genuine in our desire not to see any Cardiff City fans lost to the club as a result of this process, but understand that for some, the change of colour is one which they cannot support under any circumstances. Whilst we have endeavoured to engage and explain the decisions in the wider context of the Club as a whole, we reluctantly accept that for some this remains the case.
The club has tried to ensure that sufficient time has been taken so that nobody makes a decision which they will subsequently regret. It is important that decisions are not taken in the heat of the moment, instead only being made after due reflection and in full understanding, both of the reasons for the changes and of the consequences of no longer being a Cardiff City season ticket holder. We always work hard as a Club to operate as a customer focused and customer friendly organisation and wherever possible will try to accommodate our supporters’ reasonable requests and wishes.
Whilst as a Club we are under no legal obligation to do so, to that end we have agreed:
1. We will offer a full refund, minus a £20 admin fee to those season ticket holders who have so requested in writing, and been received by the Club, before the close of business on 3rdJuly 2012.
2. For anybody requesting a refund in writing after 3rd July 2012, we will only be able to do so if we are successfully able to resell such season ticket before the season start (and without obligation or promise).
In coming to that conclusion and being able to agree the same, we have been both helped and encouraged by the influx of new season ticket holders that we have also seen in that same period.
The procedure for anybody wishing to pursue their refund application is as follows:
1. Each person who has previously lodged a written request for a refund prior to close of business on 3rdJuly 2012 will be given until the close of our final refund request deadline, 5pm, July 12th 2012 in which to confirm in writing (email or letter) that they still want the Club to process that application;
2. If no confirmation is received ahead of the close of our final refund request deadline, 5pm, July 12th 2012, we will assume that a refund is no longer required;
3. For those so confirming after our final refund request deadline, 5pm July 12th 2012 or for any new cancellation requests the Club will cancel the season ticket and put the seat back on resale ahead of the new season, without obligation or promise of actual sale;
4. Any monies due will be refunded by no later than the 31st July 2012.
As said at the outset, we hope that on reflection those wishing to pursue the refund application will be at a minimum and that we will continue to see all supporters getting behind the team as usual for the new season.