Sheffield Wednesday could hand a debut to new signing Joey Pelupessy against Cardiff.
The Dutchman joined from Heracles on Thursday for an undisclosed fee and goes straight into Jos Luhukay's squad. Luhukay has no new injury worries and is likely to choose from a similar squad, but none of his players on a long list of absentees are ready to return.
Goalkeeper Keiren Westwood, Tom Lees, Fernado Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Barry Bannan, Jack Hunt, Sam Hutchinson and Steven Fletcher all remain sidelined.
Serbia midfielder Marko Grujic is in line for a Cardiff debut following his loan switch from Liverpool. Grujic is set to replace Joe Ralls who picked up a knock in the midweek FA Cup win at Mansfield.
Lee Tomlin will also miss out after being sent for a scan on a knee injury. Aron Gunnarsson, Craig Bryson, Lee Peltier, Matthew Connolly and Danny Ward, with the latter unlikely to play again this season because of knee damage.
- Sheffield Wednesday have lost one of their last eight league matches at Hillsborough against Cardiff (W5 D2).
- Cardiff have collected four points from a possible 18 in their last six league games against the Owls (P6 W0 D4 L2).
- The Owls have fired blanks in each of their last three Championship games; they last went on a longer barren run in December 2009 (six successive games without a goal).
- Cardiff ended a four-game losing streak last time out with their 4-0 win over Sunderland, although the Bluebirds have lost two successive games on the road, last winning in November.
- Wednesday's Gary Hooper has scored 10 goals so far in the Championship this season; six more than any other player for the club. However, he has failed to net in his last four.
- Callum Paterson netted his first English league brace last time out, with the Scot scoring three in his last four after scoring just once in his first 10.
Referee: ROGER EAST
Assistants: Mark Scholes and Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: David Webb