It will be the last time we see Jason Brown in the squad after 'tweeting' today that he was off after today's match.
After his two goals against Doncaster Jason Koumas is certain to keep his place in the matchday 18 which could mean Jay Emanuel-Thomas missing out again. There are restrictions on how many loan players can be in the squad. There's been no indication on whether Craig Bellamy will play after the clubs policy of playing him once a week but with the season coming to a close I think we might have to play the captain in each match.
So City likely to remain unchanged while Sheffield United are without the suspended Lee Williamson, but Nick Montgomery, Richard Cresswell and Ched Evans could all return.
Montgomery's wife recently gave birth to twins, while Cresswell (groin) and Evans (knee) have been sidelined.
As desperate as Cardiff are to get the points required to close in on automatic promotion the Blades are in a dire mess. The sit bottom of the table with a seven point gap to 21st place and safety. Crystal Palace are away at Leicester tonight and with that likely to be a home win Utd will see victory against Cardiff as a realistic oportunity to give themselves a chance of survival.
Some stats from the BBC:
- United have lost 13 of their last 19 league matches.
- They have won two, drawn four and lost 12 of their 18 games since Micky Adams took over as manager.
- The Blades have failed to score in 17 of their Championship games this season.
- United have suffered 14 defeats by a single goal.
- They have picked up 10 red cards - the most in the division.
- Cardiff have scored a total of 12 goals in their last four games.
- The Bluebirds and Middlesbrough are the only clubs to have had only one player sent off in the Championship this term.
- Jay Bothroyd could make his 200th league start.
Sheffield Utd v Cardiff City
Tuesday April 12th, ko 7:45pm.